Thursday, April 14, 2011

Technical and maintenance

When playing CityVille, you need to do some periodic maintenance chores to keep your computer able to handle CityVille, which is a big game that takes up lots of computer space. I'm not a computer geek at all, but there's what I do several times a day, or whenever CV seems to slow down:

1. Clear the Adobe Flash Cache. Do so by going to this site: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html  After the site loads, you'll see a box with an area to the right which says "delete all sites". Click that and then click "Confirm". I do this twice, just to make sure.

2. Clear your browser's cache of temporary files. This varies, depending on the browser you use. I use Mozilla's Firefox, and clear it by going to "Tools" and clicking on "Clear Recent History". Have the "Cache" Box" cleared for one, and I also have the "Browsing and Recent History" box checked, too.

3. Clear your computer's Operating System's cache. I have Windows 7, so I go to Control Panel, then to "Network and Internet", then "Clear Browsing History".

I usually reboot once a day, which I think helps, too.

Now, having said all that, I have a cousin/neighbor who likes Google Chrome better than Mozilla FireFox and disagrees with me on having to clear the browser cache. Go figure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment